Agents are not registering with the Master Agent server.
Normal troubleshooting steps to try before continuing with this article.
- Restart Monitor IT Agent Service on the Master Agent Server.
- Ensure the GolAppPool is started in IIS Manager.
- More detailed instructions here: Goliath Web Page Not Loading
If none of the above resolves the issue, navigate to event viewer on the master agent server. In event viewer you will find the following error.
This indicates corruption of the current Master Agent install and will require a re-install of the Master Agent and App Pool to work again. Follow the steps below in order to resolve this error.
- Uninstall MonitorIT Agent From the Master Agent server.
- Navigate to IIS Manager.
- Expand the IIS instance on the server and navigate to the Application Pools section.
- Right-Click GolAppPool and select Remove.
- Expand Sites.
- Right-Click GoliathWeb and select remove.
- Re-install the agent using the following guide: Agent Installation/Update via Installer
- After the agent is installed, set the agent to act as a master agent using this guide: Master Agent Configuration Guide
Agents will start connecting back into GPM via the Master Agent after following the steps above. If further assistance please submit a support ticket.