During the Goliath install, an issue may occur where the installer completes successfully but the GoliathDB database is never created. Details on why the creation failed will be located in the Migration.txt file located on the GPM server at "C:\Program Files (x86)\MonitorIT\Database".
The following error will be displayed in the file.
"The CREATE DATABASE statement failed. The primary file must be at least X MB to accommodate a copy of the model database"
***Note: The following section will detail how to resolve the above error. If you are not confident navigating through SQL Management Studio, please open a case with Goliath Support.***
In order to resolve this issue, access to SQL Management Studio (SSMS). If needed, SSMS can be installed on a machine using the installer here: SSMS Installer
Follow the steps below once SSMS is installed:
- Open SSMS.
- A connection window will prompt to enter the SQL server name and which method of authentication to be used. Make sure to be opening SSMS a sysadmin user if using Windows Authentication.
- Once connected the left-hand panel will display the server objects. Expand "Databases" and then expand "System Databases"
- Right-click the "Model" database and choose "Properties".
- The model properties window will open. Go to the files page.
- Click the number in the first rows "size" column. Change the number to 3 then hit the Enter key.
- Click "OK" in the properties window.
- Re-run the Goliath Performance Monitor Installer.