Goliath’s ADC Module (previously known as Netscaler from Citrix) lets you monitor the health and performance of your Citrix ADC devices using alerts, dashboards, and reports available within the existing GPM interface.
To obtain Goliath's Citrix ADC Monitoring Module, contact your sales representative
- This module requires GPM v11.9.2 or later (to include all SNMP OID details with import).
- VPX (virtual) and MPX (physical) ADC devices are supported for this release.
Goliath's Citrix ADC Monitoring covers the following health, performance, and security areas for your ADC devices:
- ADC device configuration changes
- CPU, Disk, and Memory usage exceeding high thresholds
- GSLB MEP flaps and synchronization failures
- High Availability: secondary device is down/unresponsive, HA state changes from primary to secondary, version mismatches
- Hard disk errors and IP conflicts
- Login failures
- Packet loss
- An Interface, vserver, physical server or service group goes down
- Power supply failures, restarts
Before getting started, please makes sure the following has been completed.
- On the individual ADC devices, add the GPM Server as a specific Destination (on the ADC device in System > SNMP > Traps). Refer to your specific Citrix documentation for details
- Identify/assign the community string on the individual ADC devices
- (this will be needed later during configuration)
Prepare Goliath for SNMP Monitoring
- Connect to the Goliath Server via RDP or a console session
- Open Server Manager and go to Manage>Add Roles & Features
- Proceed through the Add Roles & Features Wizard, on the Features pane, ensure the SNMP Service is installed
- If not, please check the box and install the feature
- Once the SNMP Service is installed, open Windows Services and go to the properties of the SNMP Service
- Navigate to the Traps tab of the SNMP Service properties
- Add the community string(s) you would like the technology to accept and click apply
- Navigate to the Security tab of the SNMP Service properties
- In the bottom section of the Security tab, ensure the radio button for accept SNMP packets from any host is selected
- Click Apply and restart the SNMP Service
- Close Windows Services
Apply the Module
To apply the Goliath Citrix ADC Module
- Ensure your GPM Server is version 11.9.2 or later.
- On the GPM Server, add the Citrix MWA file to the MonitorIT > WatchImExp folder.
- Log in to GPM and ensure the Citrix ADC(s) are listed on the Configure - Inventory
- If not, click New at the bottom of the page to add the Citrix ADC(s) by defining a hostname and IP Address.
- Go to Configure - Monitoring Rules.
- Click Import/Export Rules.
- Select Import and click OK.
- Select Citrix ADC from the list, keep all default checkboxes enabled and click OK.
- New rules are imported and added to the rules list. All prefaced with "Citrix ADC" (you may need to refresh page to see them).
- Go to the Configure - Groups page, select & edit the group named "Citrix ADC" and assign your ADC devices to enable monitoring.
- To enable alert notifications, see Configure Email and Text Alert Notifications
Note: in some cases you may need to enable Alarms on the Netscaler devices.