Updated for GPM v11.9
There are three parameters available that you can use to adjust what and how often activity and inactivity is recorded for each session. The parameters are located within a configuration file on the GPM server.
The End User Productivity Report parameters and default values are:
- XAXDProductivityReport_Threshold_BPS: 2048
Threshold (bits per second) beneath which data must fall to be considered inactive.
- XAXDProductivityReport_Threshold_VarianceBPS: 512
The range (bits per second) in which data must remain, while beneath the threshold, to be considered inactive
- XAXDProductivityReport_Threshold_TimeMins: 10
Length of time (minutes) data must remain both below the threshold and within the variance range to be considered inactive.
With the default settings, session metrics that fall below 2kbps and stay within a range of 512bps for at least 10 minutes will be counted as inactivity. So the minimum inactivity time that will be counted is 10 minutes.
All data that falls outside those parameters would indicate user interaction.
To adjust interaction calculations
- On the GPM server, go to the Bin folder within the install directory
- This can be ..\Program Files (x86)\MonitorIT\Bin or ..\Program Files\MonitorIT\Bin, depending on the Goliath version
- Using a text editor, open the file GPMServer.cfg (for versions earlier than 11.9.x, use GPMSettings.cfg)
- Change the parameters values and save the file. The next time the report runs, the new parameters will take effect.