Here are instructions for setting up the monitoring rules for Domain Controllers that Goliath packaged into the technology. Depending on what you are looking to monitor custom monitoring rules can also be created as well.
- Add the Domain Controllers into Goliath (if they are not already) and install the agent. See agent installation articles below.
- Go to the Configure - Monitoring Rules page in the Goliath interface
- Click the menu button and then chose the submenu option Import/Export Rules.
- In the dialog that opens, select Import Monitoring Rules and click OK.
- At the top of the pop-up you will see the option for Active Directory, select it and click ok (keeping all other default options checked)
- Wait about 2-3 mins and then go to Configure - Groups
- Edit the Active Directory Group and click the button for Servers/Devices
- Select your domain controllers and then click OK to save (twice).
- These rules are now applied to your Domain Controllers for monitoring only, but if you'd like you can then Configure Email and Text Alert Notifications