Question: Can Goliath monitoring Goliath and alert if it is not functioning properly or is down?
Answer: At this time, Goliath does not have the ability to monitor itself and send alerts if it is not functioning. However, the following key components can be monitored by other monitoring tools.
Processes to monitor:
- RPMCCS.exe - Default path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\MonitorIT" or "C:\Program Files\MonitorIT" on the Goliath Server, depending on the product version
- RPMAgent.exe - Default path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\MonitorIT" or "C:\Program Files\MonitorIT", depending on the product version, for the Goliath Server and monitored systems
Windows Services to monitor:
- MonitorIT Server Service (MonitorITServer.exe)
- MonitorIT Agent Service (MonitorITAgent.exe)
- Network connectivity between Goliath and the SQL Server
- Drive Space of the SQL Server DATA and LOG drive(s)