Goliath Advanced Reporting and Analytics Module (ARAM) Installation
This article was updated to support v 8.x of Goliath Performance Module
Please note, Goliath Advanced Reporting and Analytics Module is integrated into Goliath Performance Monitor.
Are You Ready to Install?
Before proceeding, please ensure you have the following items available and prepared:
- Confirm that all applicable Prerequisites have been completed
- Goliath Advanced Reporting and Analytics Module (ARAM) Installation file has been download
What is in the Installation file
- SQL Server Database Script to create/update views (.sql file)
- Microsoft Power BI templates (.pbix files) that Goliath has built for your use. You can create your own reports, change the reports we supply or request professional services for custom views and reports.
- Goliath ARAM Views (reference guide). This guide describes the database views that are available. These can be used to create your own custom reports.
Goliath Installation Steps
Step 1: Prepare your Goliath DB
We support SQL Server 2012 or later.
For SQL 2012 you need to set the appropriate compatibility settings. Here's what would need to be done:
• The compatibility level needs to be 110 (SQL 2012) or 120 (SQL 2014).
• Check current compatibility level: EXEC sp_dbcmptlevel 'databasename'
• Update your compatibility level: ALTER DATABASE databasename SET COMPATIBILITY_LEVEL = [required level based on SQL Server version];
Step 2: Next, run the latest Goliath ARAMView##.#.#.!.sql script
The ARAMView script must be run against your production Goliath database not the master when in SQL Server. If run against master you will get a error "Invalid object name" message:
Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Server NAME, Procedure XenAppSessionDuration, Line 36
Invalid object name 'dbo.XenAppSession'.
Step 3: Using Microsoft Power BI Desktop, update to point to your Goliath Performance Monitoring production database
Connect Goliath standard Power BI templates to Goliath SQL Server and change the data source
To change the data source:
1. Open up a PowerBI template
2. Go to Transform data in the Queries section of the ribbon
3. Select "Data source settings"
4. Select the "Change Source" button
5. Enter the server and database where the view(s) is/are located
6. Enter credentials when prompted
7. Apply changes and/or Refresh
Custom reports or views?
Goliath will create custom reports and views through professional services. To inquire please enter a support ticket with your request.