While monitoring your Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (formerly XenApp & XenDesktop) or VMware Horizon environment(s), Goliath collects current application/process utilization. This is an intensive process and we have seen some customer environments that are not able to handle the load. This collection process can be disabled to improve agent performance/load on the affected machines. Refer to the steps below for instructions on disabling application and processes collection. Please note, the below steps are only applicable for Goliath Agents running v11.8.0 and newer.
To disable application and process collection
- RDP to the Goliath Server.
- Open Windows File Explorer and Navigate to the "Bin" folder within the Goliath Server install directory. The possible default locations are "C:\Program Files (x86)\MonitorIT\Bin" or "C:\Program Files\MonitorIT\Bin", depending on your Goliath version
- Sort the folder by File Name in ascending order, near the top you will see a file named "AgentCollectionRates.txt" double click to open the file:
- Once the file is opened, modify the fourth line "PROCESS_RATE:300" to: "PROCESS_RATE:2147483647".
- If there is another number listed besides "300", overwrite that number with "2147483647"
- Once completed, save and close the file.