This article was updated to support v126.96.36.199 of the Goliath Intelligent Agent for Cerner RHO.
- Goliath Intelligent Agent for Cerner RHO Prerequisites
- Goliath Antivirus & Monitoring Solution Exclusions/Filters
- Are You Ready to Install?
- Installing the Goliath Intelligent Agent for Cerner RHO
Goliath Intelligent Agent for Cerner RHO Prerequisites
- TCP 8282* opened outbound for agent connection to the Goliath Server
* Default ports listed and can be modified.
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Monitoring (Citrix XenApp & XenDesktop)
- Versions 6.5 to 7.18, 7 18xx, 7 19xx supported
- Windows 7-10 (Desktop), 2008 R2 – 2016 (Server)
- For foreign language support, Windows installation of English, German, French and Spanish are supported
- Citrix Profile Manager must be enabled for Logon Duration metrics
- Service Account with all of the following rights is required for Citrix versions 7.X, 7 18xx and 7 19xx Inventory & Metric Collection.
- Windows Administrator on the Delivery Controller
- Read Only Citrix Admin with scope of “all” within Citrix Studio
- PowerShell 2.0 or newer required
- Virtual Machine or Physical Server
- Windows Server 2008 R2 - 2016
- Windows 7 - 10
- Performance Specs
- 0.1% CPU of CPU core
- 5 MB on Disk
- ~ 80 MB RAM on Citrix XenApp
Goliath Technologies supports user experience monitoring for the following:
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (formerly Citrix XenApp & XenDesktop): Windows 7-10 (Desktop), 2008 R2 – 2016 (Server) with base operating system languages of English, German, French, Danish, Dutch and Spanish.
Language packs are not supported for user experience monitoring on Citrix.
Goliath Antivirus & Monitoring Solution Exclusions/Filters
While not a-typical, we have been exposed to client environments which require antivirus filtering, or exclusion rules needing implemented due to the antivirus software conflicting with the Goliath Intelligent Agent. For that reasoning, we do recommend implementing exclusion rules which consist of the following:
Machines with the Goliath Cerner Agent on them (Citrix machines, DDC, etc)
- Directory Exclusions:
- Paths: “\Program Files\MonitorIT” & “C:\Users\All Users\Goliath”
- Ensure recursive exclusions for the subfolders is allowed
- Process Exclusions:
- RPMAgent.exe – This is the process which is launched by the Agent’s Service
- AgentService.exe – Process supporting the Agent’s Windows Service
Are You Ready to Install?
To complete the installation of the Goliath Intelligent Agent for Cerner, please ensure you have the following items available and prepared:
- Agent port that will be used for communication back to the customer’s Goliath Server (default port is 8282)
- Customer’s Goliath Server IP Address/FQDN that will be used for agent communication
- Goliath Intelligent Agent for Cerner RHO Installation File
- Please note, the Goliath Intelligent Agent for Cerner RHO is different then our standard Goliath Intelligent Agent.
- Additional prerequisites listed above are completed
Installing the Goliath Intelligent Agent for Cerner RHO
The Goliath Performance Monitoring solution for joint customers (i.e. Universal Health Services (UHS), North Bay) requires product components deployed in both the customer’s environment (Server, DB, VMA, local agent, master agents) and Cerner RHO (agents).
The Intelligent Agent for Cerner RHO is required to be installed on the Citrix Delivery Controller (DDC) and each Session Host for the specific customer farm.
It is know that Cerner previously developed and maintained a logon script that installs the Goliath agent each time a Cerner machine is deployed (i.e. Universal Health Services (UHS) deployment). The agent is also Gold/Master Image ready and can be installed directly into the image. Please note, the below articles may include references to our other Intelligent Agent that does not support Cerner so ports and download links may vary.
- Agent Installation/Update for Gold Images, Master Images, & Templates
- Agent Installation/Update via Command Line
- Silent Agent Installation/Update