This article has been updated to support v11.7.8 and newer of Goliath Performance Monitor.
Below are instructions for pushing the Intelligent Agent install/update out to Windows 2008 R2 or newer machines from the Goliath console. Please note, there is no reboot required when installing or updating the agent. Also, this process requires Windows RPC to be enabled (specific firewall ports included in the Goliath Performance Monitor Prerequisites)
- Open Goliath Performance Monitor and select the ‘Configure’ tab and then the ‘Inventory’ submenu.
- At the bottom of the page, click the ‘Manage Agents’ button.
- If this is the first time an agent is being installed to a server, select the ‘Deployment Settings’ button and enter administrative credentials in order to access the machines for installation. (#2 in the below screenshot, no status icon or version number)
- This is also applicable for machines that are being shown as ‘disconnected’ in the product (#3 in the below screenshot, no status icon but there is a version number)
- If you are updating an agent that is connected to the product already, please proceed to the next step. (#1 in the below screenshot, status icon and version number)
- If you would like the machine to connect via a Master Agent, use the dropdown for "Local GPM Server" and select the Master Agent from the list.
- Select the machine(s) that you would like to update/install the agent on and click the ‘Install/Update Agents’ bottom at the bottom of the screen.
- Depending on the number of agents that are being installed or updated, the process may take about 2-10 minutes to complete.
- You will be prompted when the installation/update is complete.
- Once the installation is complete, click the ‘Close’ button to return to the Inventory page.
- Here, you can confirm the agents are connecting in by confirming that there is a green box in the ‘stat’ column for that machine.
- Please note, you may need to refresh the screen after a few minutes.