This article has been updated to support v11.7.8 and newer of Goliath Performance Monitor.
Below are instructions for pushing the Intelligent Agent install/update out to Windows 2008 R2 or newer machines from the Goliath console. Please note, there is no reboot required when installing or updating the agent.
- Open Goliath Performance Monitor and select the ‘Configure’ tab and then the ‘Inventory’ submenu.
- At the bottom of the page, click the ‘Manage Agents’ button.
- If this is the first time an agent is being installed to a server, select the ‘Deployment Settings’ button and enter administrative credentials in order to access the machines for installation. (#2 in the below screenshot, no status icon or version number)
- This is also applicable for machines that are being shown as ‘disconnected’ in the product (#3 in the below screenshot, no status icon but there is a version number)
- If you are updating an agent that is connected to the product already, please proceed to the next step. (#1 in the below screenshot, status icon and version number)
- If you would like the machine to connect via a Master Agent, use the dropdown for "Local GPM Server" and select the Master Agent from the list.
- Select the machine(s) that you would like to update/install the agent on and click the ‘Install/Update Agents’ bottom at the bottom of the screen.
- Depending on the number of agents that are being installed or updated, the process may take about 2-10 minutes to complete.
- You will be prompted when the installation/update is complete.
- Once the installation is complete, click the ‘Close’ button to return to the Inventory page.
- Here, you can confirm the agents are connecting in by confirming that there is a green box in the ‘stat’ column for that machine.
- Please note, you may need to refresh the screen after a few minutes.