This article has been updated to support v11.7.8 Goliath Performance Monitor.
Prepare the Files
There are three files that are required for a Silent Install of the Goliath Intelligent Agent, and will need to be updated with the parameters for your environment for the silent install to be successful:
- InstallAgent.exe: Agent Installer
- SetupVars.ini: Defines the parameters that will be passed through to the installer
- InstallOrUpdateAgent.bat: Bat file that will execute the installer silently and reference path to SetupVars.ini
These files are located in the Goliath Performance Monitor install directory on the Goliath Server. The default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\ MonitorIT\Agent\Windows
Please update the appropriate fields in the SetupVars.ini file to reflect the below information:
- %AppFolder%: This should contain the directory in which the agent will be installed
- %ServerIPAddress%:This is the IP Address of the Goliath Server
- %ServerPort%:This is the port in which the agent will communicate on (default port is 443)
- %AgentName%:This is an optional field where you can define a name for the agent to register as in the technology. If left blank, the hostname will be used
The InstallOrUpdateAgent.bat file contains two paths, please update the appropriate paths in the InstallOrUpdateAgent.bat file to reflect the below information.
- The first path is to designate where the InstallAgent.exe file is located. This should be the fully qualified path, like a UNC path using FQDN to the file in a file share.
- The second path is to designate where the SetupVars.ini file is located. This should be the fully qualified path, like a UNC path using FQDN to the file in a file share. If the path is unknown but the INI file will exist in these same location as the EXE file, use .\ before the INI filename to reference the current path.
Deploy the Files
The installer and .ini files, InstallAgent.exe & SetupVars.ini, will need to be stored in a location or repository from which the Bat file will be able to connect to them.
Bat File Execution
The Bat file need to be deployed to the location where you will execute the silent install, or incorporated into any scripts for deployment. Note: Goliath recommends testing the silent install prior to deploying in production to confirm the behavior matches what you are looking to achieve.