This article has been updated to support v12.0 and newer of Goliath Performance Monitor
This article will guide you through the process of installing or updating the Goliath Intelligent Agent in your Gold Image, Master Image, App Layers, Instant Clone or Template for Windows 2012 R2 or newer, and Windows 8 and newer. Each time the base image/clone is opened/updated please run through the confirm installation steps to prevent loss of metric collection.
If you are updating an agent that is below version 12.0, uninstall the agent before installing the newer version.
Download the agent to the Gold Image, Master Image, App Layer, Instant Clone or Template
- See the below section on how to obtain the installer
- Launch the Goliath Intelligent Agent setup installer (InstallAgent.exe) and click Next
- Enter the IP Address, hostname or FQDN of the Goliath Server or Master Agent in which the agent will be connecting to.
- If using a port other than 443 for agent communication, please enter it in the Goliath Agent Port field and click Next.
- The installer will ask whether the machine where the installer is currently running is a Gold Image, Master Image or Template. Select the radio button for Yes and then click Next
Confirm the agent install directory and click Next.
- This should remain “C:\Program Files\MonitorIT” unless there is no C drive
- If using Citrix PVS, DO NOT INSTALL TO THE WRITE CACHE DRIVE.
- Confirm the installation settings then click ‘Next’ to start the installation.
After 1-2 minutes the installation will complete, click Finish.
- Please note, once selecting finish it may take a minute for the installer window to close.
Each time the base image/clone is opened or updated please run through the "confirm installation" steps below before closing the image to prevent loss of metric collection.
Confirm Installation (recommended)
Please note, the below steps can be added to a closing procedure script if desired.
- Open Windows Services
Confirm that the MonitorIT Agent Service is stopped and configured to Automatic (Delayed)
- If it is not, please manually change the service properties
- Open Registry Editor (regedit)
- Navigate to HKLM\Software\BreakoutTechnologies\MonitorIT\Agent and confirm the following settings. If any of these are incorrect, please manually update before proceeding.
- The key LoginName should have a blank/empty value
- The key ServerPort should have a decimal value of 443
The key ServerAddr should have the value of the Goliath Server, or Master Agent if applicable
Pull the Goliath Intelligent Agent down from the Goliath Server
- Start up and sign into the Image/Clone/Template
- Open the web browser
- Navigate to https://nn.nn.nn.nn/InstallAgent.exe where nn.nn.nn.nn is the IP Address or FQDN of the Goliath Server.