This article has been updated to support v11.7.8 of Goliath Performance Monitor.
This article will guide you through the process of installing the Goliath Intelligent Agent onto a Windows 2008 R2 or newer machine using Command Prompt.
In order install the agent manually via command prompt you will need 4 files in place on the server, please see the Appendix below for directions on how to obtain these files.
- Sign into the machine where you would like to install the agent.
- Open Windows File Explorer and Navigate to ‘C:\Program Files’
- Create a folder called ‘MonitorIT’
- Gather the files specified in the Appendix below and add them to the ‘MonitorIT’ folder
- Open command prompt (use RunAsAdmin), and perform the following command:
cd 'C:\Program Files\MonitorIT'
- Then do
AgentService.exe –i arg1 arg2 “C:\Program Files\MonitorIT\RpmAgent.exe”
- Where Arg1 is Goliath Server IP address/FQDN and Arg2 is the agent port which allows communication to Goliath. The default agent port is 443. For example:
AgentService.exe –i 192.168.1.100 443 “C:\Program Files\MonitorIT\RpmAgent.exe”
- Start the Goliath Agent Service using the following command:
There is no need to reboot the server. The GPM Agent will automatically attempt connection to the GPM Server after about a 30 second delay.
- Sign into the Goliath Server
- Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the Goliath install directory
- By Default this is C:\Program Files (x86)\MonitorIT
- Open the Agent directory and then open the Windows directory
- For example, \MonitorIT\Agent\Windows
- Select and copy the following files to the desired machine: