This article was updated to support v11.8.3 of Goliath Performance Monitor.
The steps below walk you through changing the Goliath Server IP address. This comes in handy when the Server hosting the application is moved or IP address is changed.
- Open Windows Services and Stop the ‘MonitorIT Server Service’ & 'MonitorIT Agent Service'
- Open Windows File Explorer and go to the ‘Bin’ directory inside the install folder
- The default location is "C:\Program Files (x86)\MonitorIT\Bin"
- Edit the file "GPMServer.cfg" via Notepad and update the "Server" field to the new IP address or FQDN
- Choose File > Save and then close the application
- Open registry editor by typing ‘regedit’ into the run or search box.
- Navigate to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Breakout Technologies\MonitorIT’, modify the "ServerURL" to the new IP address or FQDN
- Navigate to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Breakout Technologies\MonitorIT\Agent’
- Edit the ‘ServerAddr’ to the new IP address or FQDN then exit registry
- Go to Windows Services and start the ‘MonitorIT Agent Service’ & 'MonitorIT Server Service'
- Wait about 3-10 mins for the technology to come back online and then connect to Goliath via the new IP