This article was updated to support v11.7.8 of Goliath Performance Monitor.
Windows Services Watch rules monitor Windows Services on your Windows servers/workstations using our Goliath Intelligent Agent to alert on specified conditions in real-time.
Configure a Windows Services Watch rule
- Name the Monitoring Rule in the ‘Rule Name’, as well as define the description and the severity.
- If you would like to configure the remediation action of attempting to restart the service if it is stopped, select the checkbox in the ‘Attempt Service Restart’ field.
- In the optional ‘Delay’ field, add a duration that the service must be stopped for in order to trigger and alert.
- In the ‘Display Services By’ field, choose how you’d like to sort the ‘Selection’ tree. If ‘Server/Workstation’ is chosen, the tree will be sorted via the primary groups defined in the product. If ‘Service’ is selected, the tree will be sorted by the Windows Services detected.
- Use the ‘Selections’ tree to define which Windows Service you’d like to monitor and on which servers/workstations you’d like to monitor it on.