- Service Account with Read-Only Rights to Epic System Pulse
- HTTPS w/ Username enabled for Outgoing Data Services via Epic System Pulse Configuration Editor
- HTTPS enabled for Incoming Data Services via Epic System Pulse Configuration Editor
- Valid Certificate applied to Epic System Pulse and Goliath Server trusts the Epic System Pulse Server Certificate
- The name of the Production Resource Group for System Pulse
Testing the Epic System Pulse Connection
Before proceeding with Goliath Epic integration, you can test your setup through the below two curl commands. Be sure to switch out the items in red to your configuration details.
Order of highlighted items (username, password, system pulse server, resource type id, resource group)
curl -H "Accept:application/json" -u goliath_app_orchard:"wgM^}R|x5t9hiL" https://apporchard.epic.com/SystemPulse/Services/DataProviderService.svc/api/v1/Resources?ResourceTypeID=3&ResourceGroup=PRD
Example Expected Output:
Order of highlighted items (username, password, system pulse server, start date/time, end date/time, resource group)
curl -H "Accept:application/json" -u goliath_app_orchard:"wgM^}R|x5t9hiL" https://apporchard.epic.com/SystemPulse/Services/DataProviderService.svc/api/v2/Data/LogTypeID/53/StartTime/2018-10-15T14:58:30-04:00/EndTime/2018-10-16T14:58:30-04:00?ResourceGroup=PRD&ResourceIDs=4&AttributeIDs=317,318,319,320,321,322,5300,5301,5302,5303,5304,5305,5306,5307,5308,5309,5310
Epic System Pulse Monitoring Configuration
These steps will take you through the configuration process to begin monitoring your VMware Horizon environment(s).
- Click on the ‘Configure’ menu option at the top of the page, and select the ‘Inventory’ submenu option
- On the ‘Inventory’ page, find and select the line item for the local Goliath Server
- Click on the ‘edit’ button at the bottom of the page
- A new pane will appear, there will be a section labeled ‘Epic EHR Monitoring’ in this section please do the following:
- In the ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’ fields, please enter the credentials for the Read Only Service account for Epic System pulse in the format of “domain\user”
- Check the box for ‘Enable Epic Monitoring’
- In the ‘Epic Server Address’ field, please enter the IP Address or FQDN of the Epic System Pulse machine
- In the ‘Epic Production Resource Group’ field, please enter the name of the Epic resource group.
- Once all information is filled in, click the ‘Save’ button to complete the configuration
- It may take about 5 minutes or so before the data will appear
From the ‘View’ tab and clicking on the ‘Performance Graphs’ submenu option allows you to view the dashboard-style performance graphs for Epic.
From the top ‘Dashboards’ section of the left hand menu pane, you can view the Epic System Pulse information collected by clicking on the check box to the left of the folder named “Epic” and then clicking on the large ‘+’ symbol in the middle of the screen labeled ‘Add Dashboard from Left Pane’
The two dashboards related to monitoring Epic Workflow & Activity will appear and look like this: