This article was updated to support v11.7.8 of Goliath Performance Monitor.
This article will walk through the process of adding a network device to inventory and then enabling Bandwidth, Packet, and Latency monitoring on the device.
Before getting started, please makes sure the following has been completed.
- Enable SNMP on the devices you will be adding to Goliath Performance Monitor
- Identify/assign a community string for your devices (this will be needed later during configuration)
- Go to Configure > Inventory
- Next, you’ll want to add in the devices you are looking to monitoring if they are not in the technology via our auto-discovery feature, or by manually adding in each item. Please see the below instructions as appropriate.
- Select ‘Discovery’ at the bottom of the screen
- Specify the IP Address range of the network device you wish to monitor
- Be sure to check off Find Servers/Devices in IP Address Range
- Manual Addition
- Select ‘New’ at the bottom of the screen
- Specify the name of the device
- Next to the ‘Primary IP Address’ field click the ‘Add’ link
- Specify the IP address of the device and click ‘ok’ when finished
- Click save
- Select ‘OK’ at the bottom to begin discovery
- After discovery completes select the check box next to the appropriate device and select ‘Add’ at the bottom
- Select ‘Configure SNMP’ from the bottom of the screen
- Check ‘Enable Bandwidth And Packet Monitoring’
- Check ‘Set Read Community’ and enter appropriate Read Community
- If you wish to specify an alternative rate of data collection then specify it in the ‘Set Monitoring Rate’
- From the tree below find the device(s) you just entered in the Auto Register Group, and check it off. If you have already move it to a different group, then the device will be located there.
- Select ‘Save’ at the bottom to Complete