This article was updated to support v11.7.8 of Goliath Performance Monitor.
Counter Watch rules monitor performance counters on your Windows servers/workstations using our Goliath Intelligent Agent to alert on specified conditions in real-time.
Configure a Counter Watch rule:
- Name the Monitoring Rule in the ‘Rule Name’, as well as define the description and the severity.
- In the “Selections” tree at the bottom, find the counter that you want to monitor. Once found, expand to select the machines that you want to monitor with this rule.
- In the “Threshold” field, define the threshold value for the counter selected. The value is dependent on the counter and can represent a quantity or percentage.
- The “Over” check box, works in conjunction with the ‘threshold’ field. When checked, the counter value must be OVER the threshold value for the specified duration for the alert condition to be met. When unchecked, the counter value must be UNDER the threshold value for the specified duration for the alert condition to be met.
- The “Duration” field works in conjunction with the ‘threshold’ and ‘over’ fields. In this field, define how long in seconds that the counter value must exceed the threshold value, either over or under, for the alert condition to be met.