On the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops session drill drown, when looking at the ICA/HDX tab and/or Summary Tab, Goliath presents the metrics Network Latency and ICA RTT. When these charts are not showing data, this indicates the required end user metrics were not available. This can be due to multiple issues:
- Issues with the Citrix VDA Install
- The Citrix End User Experience Monitoring Service not running or stalled
- The Citrix Receiver/Workspace version does not support the required metrics, for example older versions of Citrix Receiver/Workspace. Some known conditions include:
- Known issue with versions of Citrix Workspace App for Android & Linux do not include the end user experience metrics in some cases. We recommend opening a ticket with Citrix as ICA RTT data will also be missing in Citrix Director.
- Known issue with versions of Citrix Workspace App for Mac do not include the end user experience metrics in some cases. This is a known issue that Citrix is aware of. From our experience with customers, we saw that versions 20.0 to 20.06 had issues that were resolved in version 20.07 and newer.
- There was no activity inside the session (for example keyboard & mouse usage)
- and more
See below for troubleshooting steps on how to determine the root cause of the missing metrics to ultimately resolve the issue. Please note, the metrics ICA Latency, Connection Speed, and ICA Channel Usage are not the same as Network Latency and are collected differently. See article Missing ICA Latency, Connection Speed & ICA Channel Metrics for troubleshooting those metrics if they are missing.
- Confirm the length of the session, has it been established for more than 5 mins? It can take about 3-5 mins after the session is established in order to see these metrics. If the session has been established for more then 5 mins, please proceed. If not, give it some more time.
- Confirm Agent is installed and connected on the machine where the metrics are missing.
- Check the Configure>Inventory page of the technology and see if there is a green square in the "stat" column for the machine, this means the agent is connected.
- If there is a red square this means the agent was connected at one point in time but it is not currently connected. Please create a support ticket for further assistance.
- If there is no square at all, this means there is no agent installed. Please search "agent installation" in this support center for instructions.
- Enable Agent Logging and then Restart the Agent Service (wait at-least 15 mins to let the logs collect)
- For full instructions please reference the article Goliath Server and Agent Logs
- In the meantime, gather screenshots of the missing metrics on the ICA/HDX Channel tab
- Once you have uploaded the agent logs, search for the phrase “EUEM Process Any Found Data”.
- Go to that line, does the log show "Count=0" at the end of the line? If so, this means no results were returned.
- Check Citrix Director and see if the Active/Disconnected sessions missing metrics in Goliath are also missing ICA RTT in Citrix Director.
- If Citrix Director is also missing this data, this confirms that there is an issue with the Citrix VDA. Because this issue is with the Citrix infrastructure, please create a ticket with Citrix support to begin the troubleshooting process for the missing data in Citrix Director.
- Once the issue is resolved in Citrix Director, it should also be in Goliath.
If the steps in this article do not resolve the issue, please collect the agent logs and server logs and log a support ticket.