Goliath Performance Monitor offers pre-configured monitoring conditions for Microsoft Exchange 2013. Even though the events monitored were designed with version 2013 in mind, our customers have found the conditions to be useful across multiple Microsoft Exchange versions.
In addition to re-configured monitoring conditions, you can expand of the items monitoring by building your own custom monitoring conditions via Windows Service Monitoring, EventLog Monitoring, Process Monitoring, and Performance Counter Monitoring.
Configuring Microsoft Exchange Monitoring
- Add your Microsoft Exchange server(s) to the Goliath Inventory and install the Goliath Agent
- Go to Configure>Monitoring Rules page
- Click the "import/export" button at the bottom of the page
- Select the "Import" radio button and click ok
- A new pane will appear, scroll through the list of items and you'll see an option for "Microsoft Exchange 2013", select it and click OK (keeping the create secondary group option checked)
- Another prompt will appear, click OK again
- Go to Configure>Groups page
- Find the line item for Microsoft Exchange 2013, select it and click "edit" at the bottom
- Click the button for "servers/devices" in the middle of the pane
- Use the selection tree to select the exchange servers you want to monitor and click apply
- Click the save button to save the group and apply the Microsoft Exchange 2013 rule to those servers
- Now that the Microsoft Exchange events are being monitored for and saved into the Goliath database, if interested, you can also Configure Email and Text Alert Notifications for the conditions.