Some templates available from Goliath allow you to connect to your Active Directory to filter the reports by selected Active Directory Organization Units. This is a required field and table within the reports. If you are using one of these report, but you are not planning to use AD OU filtering, or if you are using Azure AD (which is currently not supported) you can disable the AD table by following the steps below.
Figure: Select OU option displayed in a template
To Disable the Active Directory requirement in PowerBI Templates
- Open the report in PowerBI.
- From the Home tab in the ribbon, click on Transform data then select the Transform data option (this will open Power Query).
- In the Queries list on the left-hand side of the screen, right-click on the table you want to disable. In the pop-up menu that opens, uncheck Enable load.
- A message is displayed: "Possible Data Loss Warning". Click Continue. The table is displayed in italics.
- Click Close & Apply. The table is removed from the front-end.
To re-enable the table, follow the same process above, but this time check Enable load.
If you would also like to hide the Active Directory OU selection dropdown menu from the UI (referred to as a "slicer" within PowerBI).
- Click the View tab in the ribbon.
- Click Selection to show the selection panel:
- Locate the Select OU slicer in the list of page elements, and click on the eye icon to hide it.